Monday, November 22, 2010

Santa's Private Reserve Ale - Rogue Brewery (Brewer's on the Bay) - Newport, OR - BeerAdvocate

I was disappointed by this brew. Technically, it is good. It has a nice smooth caramel malt and mouthfeel, and I can appreciate some of the subtleties, but ultimately it failed to inspire me. It is relatively bland for a winter ale. Besides, I expect more than a 6% ABV in the cold hard months.

For a refined palate, there is something to appreciate here, but when it comes down to it, I think there are other equally refined beers with more complexity and taste.

My review belies its score on BeerAdvocate, which was a B+, an A- from the bros.
Santa's Private Reserve Ale - Rogue Brewery (Brewer's on the Bay) - Newport, OR - BeerAdvocate

-Baldy.

No comments:

Post a Comment